Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Arizona






We packed Gabriel in his carseat every day and went on all sorts of adventures. We went to Old Tucson where during the 50's and 60's they filmed most of the western movies, they also shot Wild Wild West with Wil Smith there. We went to Montezuma Castle which was very cool. It is a 6 story dwelling built into the rock cliffs. It was Jr. Ranger day when we went so we were able to participate in all the activities (suppose to be for the kids) I liked making the clay pots :-) We went to Tumacacori which is an old Spanish mission, took a day trip up Mt. Lemmon which was beautiful. Amanda and Chris go camping up there during the summer because it's only 30 miles out of Tucson and 30 degrees cooler! Our last outing was to Sabino Canyon. This is part of the Coronado National Forest. It was a relief to find that waterfall after hiking in 90 degree heat! It's amazing how many oasis are tucked away in the Arizona desert. It was a great trip that ended to soon. And it sure was hard leaving my little Garbiel :-(

1 comment:

The Wright Family said...

NEW pictures of that cute little Gabriel! I'm so glad you guys had a good trip out!


Look at that crazy hair on me!!!

My Girls

My Girls
Wow, does this make me feel old!